ROBC Opening for On-Campus Worship
Safety Guidelines and Practices
Worship in ROBC Sanctuary
- ROBC encourages those most “at risk” to not attend church in person at this time. Those at risk include those over the age of 60 or who have pre-existing medical conditions.
- Worship attendees are asked to perform a basic health screening before attending. We ask that you take your temperature before attending on Sunday and be able to answer “NO” to the following questions:
- Do you have a Fever of 100.0 F or above?
- Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in a way that is not normal for you? Loss of taste or smell, cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, chills, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shaking or exaggerated shivering, significant muscle pain or ache, diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting.
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who has received a positive test result for COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Entrance into the ROBC Sanctuary will be only through the front doors on either side of the Sanctuary Main doors. (Northside- near the restrooms and southside- near the church offices) Exit of the building will be through the main Sanctuary doors.
- Face Coverings are required for all attendees, age 2-years and older. ROBC will have extra face coverings should you forget your own or if you do not have one.
- There will be no nursery provided, however a limited Children’s Church will be offered for children 2-years to 5-years of age. (information below)
- All common surfaces in the sanctuary and foyer will be sanitized before and after each Sunday service, and hand sanitizer stations will be available in the foyer and in or just outside of the restrooms.
- Please limit restroom occupancy to 2 people at a time or family members only.
- There will be no Bibles or hymnals in pews and no passing of offering plates (offering boxes available at the doors).
- A printed order of service will be available for each person to personally pick up in the foyer with all scriptures and song texts. Also, a children’s activity packet will be provided.
- We have an imperative need for 4 to 6 ushers to help each week to welcome (from a distance) and to facilitate pre-service seating and dismissal. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the church office today… call 713-622-0570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We ask that you sit only in the designated areas. Seating by ushers, to be done from front to back in the sanctuary on a first come, first seated policy. Dismissal by ushers, will be done by rows beginning from the back to front.
- Attendees are welcome to gather, greet and speak to other attendees using appropriate Social Distancing outdoors on the sidewalks in front of the Sanctuary.
- The Worship Service will continue to be livestreamed on Sunday mornings on Facebook.
Providing for Children in Worship
- During the second half of worship, Children’s Church will be offered for children age 2 years through 5 years. Class size will be capped at 12 children, and if that number is exceeded, older children will be cared for in an additional area.
- Location: Preschool playground and breezeway area outside the Fellowship Hall. If there is inclement weather, the children will be cared for in the ROBC Fellowship Hall.
- Staff: Paid nursery staff led by Amy Lee
- When the children are dismissed to go to Children’s Church during worship, a parent will need to escort their child to the Fellowship Hall and sign them in.
Small Group Bible Study for all Ages
At this time, we are still encouraging Bible Study Classes to continue to meet via Zoom for their classes.